I Finished the bench for the mudroom.
Here is what I learned. In order to close sections of the iron frame where multiple joints came together, but still maintain the desired angle for the legs, I had to refrain from fully tightening all of the joints. This meant the base, by itself is not completely rigid. This was to be overcome by drilling holes and allowing the legs to pass through the seat; with a snug fit, this would have locked everything together and eliminated any movement in the base. However, because I drilled these holes by hand, I didn’t get a perfectly snug fit and there is an ever so slight bit of lateral movement that remains.
Two things that could be done to potentially avoid this:
1)JB weld or epoxy in all the pipe fittings.
2) use a drill press for percfect holes through the seat.
When all is said and done, it is still very solid, holds my weight no problem.