Vegan Spicy Thai Peanut Ramen - one pot, hearty and filling without being heavy, flavorful broth, great for cold days! (by @rabbitandwolves if you are not following this account you are making a mistake!)
* 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
* 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
* 1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
* 1 Teaspoon Green curry paste
* 4 Cups Vegetable broth, divided
* 1 Can(13oz.-14oz.) Coconut milk, full fat
* 1/2 Cup Peanut butter, natural or organic
* 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
* 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
* Juice of 2 Limes
* 12 Ounces Ramen noodles
* In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the chopped garlic and grated ginger. Saute, reducing heat as needed for a minute or 2 to cook the garlic.
* Now, add the curry paste, and stir it into the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
* Then add 3 cups of veggie broth and the coconut milk. Stir to combine everything. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
* Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining cup of broth and the peanut butter. I find this makes it easier to incorporate the peanut butter.
* Now, add the peanut butter and broth to the pot and whisk to combine.
* Then add the soy sauce, agave and lime juice. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes to develop the flavors. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a pinch of salt if needed or more lime juice or agave if needed.
* Right before serving, add the ramen noodles into the pot. Simmer them, cooking according to package directions. They usually only take a minute or two.
* Serve immediately as is, or add veggies or tofu or whatever you want. I like to top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Make sure to add the noodles right before serving. If the noodles sit around in the broth they will get mushy.
If you want to add mushrooms, slice them really thin and add right before serving as well. They will cook fast.