✨HEALTHY SOFT SEEDY BREAD✨
I have to start by saying that I truly believe one of the reasons that @mkaufmann5 has stuck with me this long is because I have a knack for making homemade bread and he has a passion for eating it! This bread is filled with healthy seeds and honey goodness. It definitely is a labour of love, but scroll to my next photo to see how worth it this was to make! 🍞
• 1 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
• 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
• 3 tbsp melted butter
• 2 cups bread flour
• 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
• 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp poppyseeds
• Topping: 1 egg (beaten), 2 tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats & a sprinkle of pumpkin, poppy and sesame seeds
1. Heat milk in a small saucepan until warm to the touch. Pour into a large bowl and add oats, yeast and honey. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in melted butter and immediately add both flours, flaxseed meal and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Add in seeds and gently mix.
3. Next, either knead dough on well-floured countertop for 10 minutes or mix in a @kitchenaid_ca mixer with a dough hook for 5 minutes. After dough is formed, place in a bowl that has been coated with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap and a towel for 90 minutes.
4. Once the dough has doubled in size, grease a loaf pan and transfer dough into pan. Cover with plastic wrap and towel for another 90 minutes until the loaf has risen an inch above the rim of the pan.
5. Now, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and brush the top of the loaf with the egg wash. Sprinkle with the oats and seeds to create a beautiful topping.
6. Bake on middle rack for 35-40 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top. Remove the loaf from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling for about an hour.