Spanish Potato Salad Recipe with Tuna.
INGREDIENTS (Servings 8):
• 12 oz fingerling potatoes.
• 10 oz French green beans, trimmed.
• 6 oz small tomatoes, cut into wedges.
• 1/3 cup pearl red onions or small shallots, quartered.
• 15 oz can quality tuna.
• 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, minced.
• Salt and pepper.
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.
• 1/3 cup Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil.
• 3 tbsp white wine vinegar.
• 6 oz spring greens or butter lettuce.
1. Place fingerling potatoes in a large pot and cover well with water. Boil for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from boiling water and transfer to a plate for now. Do not discard water.
2. Prepare a large bowl with iced water and set aside near the pot.
3. In the same cooking pot, with the water boiling, add green beans. Cook 4 minutes or so. Drain, and immediately place the green beans in the bowl with the iced water (ice bath) to stop cooking (this helps them keep their vivid green color too.) When cooled enough, remove green beans from ice bath and pat dry.
4. Cut fingerling potatoes in halves length-wise, and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add green beans, tomatoes, onions (or shallots), tuna (crumble it up a bit before adding), and garlic.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Combine Early Harvest and vinegar then add to the salad. Give everything a gentle toss making sure all the ingredients are well-coated. Taste and adjust seasoning or add more smoked paprika, cumin, or crushed red pepper to your liking.
6. Assemble spring greens or butter lettuce on a nice platter. Arrange the salad on top. Enjoy!
_ Calories: 202 Kcal.
_ Total Fat: 9.8g.
_ Carbohydrate: 22g.
_ Protein: 8.9g
#salad #potatosalad #saladrecipe #tuna #mediterraneanfood #mediterraneandiet #eatwell #tunasalad #healthyrecipes #cleanrecipes #easyrecipes #spanishfood #greenbeans #glutenfree #tomatoes #salads #salade #salat #healthyeating #cleaneating #eathealthy #fitfoodies #foodsforweightloss