*VEGETABLE CHOWMEIN* ( A quick easy dinner to put the leftover veggies from back of the refrigerator to good use and give them a chance to come to limelight! I am not a big Noodle fan but @preetishanand often cribs about me not making noodles often so I thought of finally giving in🤷🏻♀️ QUICK RECIPE-
1. Cook the noodles Al dente according to the package instructions (chewy and with a bite) - drain the water - quickly run through cold water and add in a quick drizzle of oil and mix and coat the noodles to prevent them from sticking to each other .
2. Into a hot pan- Add 1 tbsp oil - Add in finely minced ginger and garlic (1 tsp each) and saute for 45 seconds. Also add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp brown sugar in there.
3. Add in large cubed onions and cook till translucent. When the onion’s done - add in rest of the veggies and cook in high heat for 4-5 minutes (I used carrots, purple cabbage, green beans, red bell peppers).
4. Add in the noodles and lightly toss with the veggies.
5. Make a mixture of - 1 tsp soya sauce+ 4 tsp ketchup+ 2 tsp hoisin sauce+ 1/4 tsp sesame oil and pour that in and with the help of forks toss and coat the noodles well and cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with a bunch of chopped green onions and take it off the beat and you’re done! #
I am so thankful to the person who first introduced chowmein to India🤗... and to people who made the indo-chinese version of it... well I take full credit of creating this plate full of extra yummy "Egg Chicken Chowmein" right away from my kitchen😎... u guys like n comment on my post while I dig into it😋😋😋 #loveforfood❤️ #foodiesofinstagram#desichinese#chowmein#fridayevening#sortedfood