The requested vodka and beetroot cured salmon.
1 whole side of salmon, scaled, checked for bones and trimmed:
For the beetroot, vodka rub:
100ml vodka, better the quality better and cleaner the taste
Beetroot powder 30g, if unable to get this 2 whole beetroots cooked and peeled and blended
Handful of dill
For the cure
2 tablespoons Toasted coriander seeds
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1. In a food processor blend vodka, beetroot and dill.
2. Put salmon into a suitable shallow dish
3. Rub all the beetroot vodka blend onto salmon and leave out at room temp for 20 minutes to soak in.
4. After 20 minutes cover the salmon in the cure and pack down.
5. After a day or 2 just move and slightly rearrange salmon to make sure cure is working on the salmon
6. Leave in the fridge for at least 4 days and up to a week.
7. Once cured the salmon should be bright red and firm to handle. Wash off the cure with cold water until all is off.
8. Pat dry
9. Slice and serve