COCONUT CURRY NOODLES 🍜 combining two of my favorite things in life (curry and noodles) to make the coziest dish, ever! 🤤 although it’s literally as hot as the sun here in Florida, this dish is still the perfectly spicy & comforting way to start off the weekend (especially for those where the weather isn’t as 🔥)! The recipe can be found right here on this post but it’s also up on my site & I’ll link it in my bio & stories for you all! 💛 happy Friday, friends! ✨ #thehealthyhaff |
2 teaspoon olive oil (or ghee if not vegan)
1 shallot, diced
1 onion, diced
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 inch grated ginger
1 teaspoon green curry paste
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
32 oz low-sodium vegetable broth
1 can full fat coconut milk
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/3 cup peanut butter
Brown rice noodles
Optional: Tofu, additional vegetables, mushrooms, and lime for topping
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add in chopped onion and shallot and sauté until translucent. Add in garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add in both the green and red curry pastes, the cayenne, and red pepper and stir until the mixture is coated and reduce heat to low.
3. Next, add in the vegetable broth and coconut milk and allow to simmer.
4. Add in the soy sauce and rice vinegar and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes. Then, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Add peanut butter and stir until combined.
6. In a separate pot, begin to cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Strain the noodles and set aside. You could also simply add the noodles into the pot and cook them according to the directions in the broth.
7. Once the curry base has simmered, add the noodles and add mushrooms if desired.
8. Serve immediately, and add in any additional optional toppings.